For the time being, we receive a video/audio content request for free. If you're learning with Memrise or Anki and have something to turn into an audio/textbooks to learn offline, ask us via Twitter!
Joytan (ジョイ単) is a free, small cross-platform desktop application that facilitates the process of making audio/textbook and helps people create their own original educational materials. It comes with some powerful features which are designed to be particularly useful for language-learners.
- MP3 audiobooks with your best-loved songs and sound effects
- Lifelike speech using Amazon Polly (in 24 languages with 52 voices!)
- 100+ voices from Text-to-Speech alternatives (by AwesomeTTS)
- High-quality HTML/PDF textbook, quiz, and visual aids
- Saving data as CSV files, ready to export to Anki
- Google Image downloader for tons of visual aids
- Automatic lookup to various online dictionaries
- Memrise downloader
- 10,000+ ready-to-convert sample entries (from Duolingo, Memrise, etc) [here]
- Self-made editable pattern of audiobooks
- Original design for textbooks with basic HTML
- Data format editable on Google Sheets
- Language translation powered by Google Translation
- Simple and tiny GUI, just 3 main dialogs!
Test suite status
Joytan has unit tests to ensure code quality. Travis CI is used for continuous build and test integration.